Wednesday 5 January 2011

Soap Stamp - Naturalmente Mediterráneo


I am so pleased with my soap stamp!!! I knew I wanted my own unique soap stamp so as soon as my logo was finished, I contacted Anhoki http://www.etsy.com/shop/Anhoki, who was referred in a blog post of Lynn
http://lynnzartisansoapsandcandles.blogspot.com/2010/08/it-has-arrived-0.html.

I sent Anhoki the file to see if it were possible to have a soap stamp of my logo! I was so excited to find out that yes, she thought it would be possible. Her price was fair and working with her very easy and straight-forward. I am so pleased with the result!!! Now, I add soap-stamping to my list of favourite things to do.



One of my most favourite things to do is soap cutting… sometimes I look at those awesome soap cutters out there like “the tank” and wish longingly for a cutter like that, which would cut each bar uniformly, but then I would lose out on the pure joy of cutting each bar myself. I take advice from Sergio at Villa Fortuna when it comes to cutting soaps and now stamping soaps… put music on, take time, no rush and get into zen-cutting and zen-stamping…. all part of his “sapo-therapy”.



I asked Anhoki about stamp care and she sent back some advice as well from her blog which has helped not only with care but in getting the best stamp impression in my soaps as well. I found that the stamp comes out much more beautiful and clear if the soap is fresh, either straight after cutting or within a week. Once it is drier, it is harder to stamp. I also found that I am able to stamp my salt soaps (the white one in the group pictures above). They haven’t turned out perfect yet, but I will get better at it.

Thank you Anhoki!!

Happy soaping, cutting and stamping!!!

Xo
Jen

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen me entanta tu sello se ve tal cual dice tu logo, muy fresco y natural. Parece que vamos dando pasos a la vez. Yo ahora estoy con el tema de las subvenciones y ver qué solución le doy a mi trabajo actual.De verdad que me da alegría tener a alguien como tú que tiene el mismo objetivo, parece que uno se encuentra menos solo. Besos. Ana.

The Soap Sister said...

Magnificent! Jen, that is one cool looking logo, and it sets your beautiful soaps off perfectly! Very elegant & sophisticated -yet it conveys "natural" too. I'm soo happy for you! :D

Tine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marcela cavaglieri said...

Hi Jen! Thank you so much for today's visit and comment, I really appreciate it! Today must be the soap marker day, another fellow blogger presented her stamp today and just like you, she was very exited! I personally think that it adds a very professional touch. Good job picking your logo!! Enjoy it!

The Lazy Lacquerist said...

Oh Jen, they look fabulous.. the last picture especially.

I've so coveted a stamp like this and now I'm thinking I might just go for it! I might drop Ankoki an email tomorrow... excited!

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Jen, just gorgeous.The stamp really gives them that "wow" factor!

Splurge Sisters said...

Your soap stamp is beautiful and makes your soaps look great too. Things seem to be coming along well for you.

Amina said...

they look amaazng...omg. I am so excited for you! Happy new year:)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your stamp Jen, and your soaps look gorgeous. Now...off to find Anhoki....

Amy W said...

Yea! I have a stamp from Anhoki as well! I just have a hard time finding the time to use it! :) Yours looks fantastic!

P.S. I broke down and ordered a "tank" soap cutter for myself. Had to. Can't wait to try it out!

Maggie said...

Jen, the impression looks wonderful! It's clean, crisp, and simple enough to echo the "clean and natural" theme you have here.
So what's next for you? I'm excited to see what kind of packaging design you have come up!

Michelle said...

Great soap stamp image Jen! Very sharp looking image. Definitely a wonderful addition to your soap line! Your group photo of multi colored soaps are beautiful.

flor da pele said...

Great stamp and makes yours soaps wonderful.
Congratulations and kisses.
Sonia.

Heidi said...

Your soap looks sooooo beautiful! I have been planning to contact Anhoki as well so it was nice to hear that you are pleased with doing business with her.

SierraSnowSoaps said...

Anhoki is the best, isn't she! She is so helpful and your stamp turned out great. It really looks nice on your soaps, very clear and crisp looking. I am excited for you!
Michelle in NV

I-Create said...

Hi Jen! I'm only about a year behind in your blog posts now!! Slowly catching up!

Nice work! Lovely stamp too! It certainly compliments your soap and its 'naturalness'. I've been scouting around for stamp-makers and have heard of Anhoki now a couple of times - I must visit her store and check out her work.

I'm getting a little ahead of myself and planning for all the things I'm going to need for my little soapmaking business and have been thinking about a cutter that cuts a whole loaf at once. Any chance you could point me in the direction of finding the "tank" you mentioned? I got some great tips from Simply Soap the other day - maybe these devices are the same? Would appreciate any info you could throw my way. Cheers! Pauline :)