Wednesday, 20 July 2011
The Versatile Blogger Award
I am flattered to have been given "The Versatile Blogger" award by both Tierra Verde Handmade Soaps http://tierraverdesoaps.blogspot.com/2011/07/paying-it-forward.html and Soaperstar http://soaperstar.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-have-been-given-versatile-blogger.html
Thank you both!!!
Here is the information regarding the award.
The concept behind the Versatile Blogger Award is to follow a few rules and then pass it on to whatever blog you think deserves it. The rules are:
1 – Make a post and link it back to the person who gave you the award (and include their website address)
2 – Share 7 random things about yourself
3 – Award 7 recently discovered bloggers with this award and contact them to let them know they have won
So here are 7 Random things about myself:
1) I grew up in Toronto at Yonge Blvd and Yonge Street and my last name is Young. So I was a young Young at Yonge & Yonge.
2) I learned to knit and crochet when I was 7 years old from my aunt who is a fabulous knitter and quilter.
3) I wrote a novel when I was 12, entered it into a competion for young authors and didn’t win anything. Reading it now, I realize it wasn’t a great literary work but the accomplishment of finishing a novel still feels wonderful.
4) The greatest thing I have ever done in my life was having my daughter Aurora… she was a big surprise as I lived alone in a tiny 1 room apartment, was not in a healthy stable relationship at the time, had no money as I was a starving Grad student but none of it mattered because from the moment I saw that positive pregnancy test I knew she would be the best thing in my life. And she is.
5) When I was younger I wanted to be an actress. The constant competition hurt my self-esteem and I finally left acting behind.
6) I have written many songs over the years on my guitar but finally recorded a CD of my originals 8 years ago and felt very proud. The guitar sounds great, the voice not-so-much but it is mine and I cherish it.
7) My very favourite foods are Tomatoes and cheese. I can't go a day without either.
Now who to give this award to? Well, re-reading the instructions I notice it said Recently Discovered blogs, so I will try to choose new blogs I have been enjoying and pick blogs that have not already been nominated although I would love to nominate you all!!!
I nominate the following blogs.
Pending... a post about my recent trip to Canada!!
Happy Soaping everyone!!