This one with olive pit bits in it. I got the olive bits from the mill where I get my organic extra-virgen olive oil from. Apparently these are used to burn for heating, as are almond shells here, and also making pillows!
I tried two experiments. The first one with vanilla 10 fold oleoresin, Patchouli & Sandalwood EOs...
and the second one with EOs of Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Pink Grapefruit, Patchouli & Peppermint...
Neither have any added colour. The EOs did some pretty intense colour work!
I like the idea of the olive bits, although these are VERY scrubby soaps. Next time I think I would add less bits, maybe sprinkle some over the tops and also bring the soap batter to a heavier trace so that they are more evenly dispersed throughout the soap.
So far, this has been a wonderful Autumn full of experimenting and producing. I have some great new soaps on the way, a new facial cream, and have learned a ton. I even tried making a liquid soap. My first attempt was WAY too liquidy... but my goal is to have a great liquid soap recipe perfected before the summer season.
Happy soaping... happy experimenting.... happy blogging... and happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans out there!