Sunday 11 July 2010

41º in the Shade...


What were we thinking going into the interior of Spain during a heat wave?! Searching for my father in law’s long lost ancestors... His father fled Spain when he was just a boy with all of their close family and went to Argentina – the new world – in search of a better life. Ironically, two generations later my husband fled Argentina and came to Spain - the old world - in search for a better life. His father is visiting us in Spain now and it has been quite and adventure for all of us!

This weekend we spent in sweltering Jaen & Granada... Jazz festival... tapas... flamenco in the Sacromonte caves... Cathedrals... the Alhambra... Castillo... Gazpacho... Arabic Baths... photography... and heat heat heat.

Ever since getting more into taking better photos of my soaps... I have been really enjoying photography. Many of the memories I have of my mother throughout my life, she is snapping shots with her Canon. She is a wonderful photographer. Funny it should have taken me this long to enjoy photography myself. I was on a windows and doors kick this weekend. All of these photos I have not touched. I suppose I could chop and play a little but for now I am sharing as is.

Windows & Doors... and a Rose... (These are for you Mum!! You are my inspiration! Xoxo)







6 comments:

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

wowza! i love those pics Jen. we can't afford a nice holiday in the sun this year, so by looking at the pics of the doors and windows I had a little glimpse into a beautiful Spain.
Thanks! they're really good pics.
x

The Soap Sister said...

What great photos! I LOVE the arches...and particularly the rustic looking doors. You should definitely do more photography -you have an eye for it! : ) ~Becky

Holly said...

The pictures are fantastic. Thank you for sharing. My husband's maternal grandparents came from Spain and the Canary Islands. I would love to go there some day.

Karen said...

Wow, so pretty! Maybe if they had played the worldcup in Spain the Dutch would have won! Haha

Natural Aroma Handmade Soaps said...

That's fantastic Jen, you have a real talent!
it sounds like you had a wonderful, well, except for maybe the heat:) time.

Amy said...

The doors and windows make a nice collection! I am like you- soap photography has led me to a greater interest in photography of other things... and I love it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog- now following you!